I’ve totally forgotten to maintain and add to my little list of questions over the last few posts. So I’ve added it below and updated it with a few things that have come up since the last time it was posted. I’m going to need to start looking things up and making that shrink at some point, right?
All New X-Men #6: I feel like, more than anything, this issue just left me with so many questions! And I’m not sure if it’s just things that I’ve missed from being so new to comics, or if I’m just reading too fast and missing things…but around every turn, I kept coming up with questions:
1) WHO is in charge of the Jean Grey school? Kitty said she was the headmistress, but then a few pages later Wolverine says Xavier left him in charge of the school. So…which one is actually in charge? Do they even know?
2) Did the first X-Men movie follow the comic in that Wolverine joined much later (hence why Scott and the others don’t know him yet)? I’m assuming so, but it always catches me when it comes up.
3) What is with the face in the ground?
4) How did older Angel (Archangel?) end up with Metal wings? We kind of side-stepped the question in the comic, but they are rather obviously different.
5) Why are they calling Mystique “Raven”?
I’m assuming some of these are going to be answered eventually, but I’m really not sure. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them are never clarified!
I feel so bad for Scott in this issue – not to say that it isn’t realistic. It’s got to be confusing for everyone involved, seeing him and remembering what Older-Scott has done. I’m still hoping he finds himself a place to fit in sometime soon…cause I don’t think him being so isolated is a good thing either…
All new X-Men #7: We got to focus in on Scott in this issue, and all of the internal turmoil he’s going through. I had to look up exactly where the school is located (Westchester County, New York) so that I could reconcile that with Scott suddenly being in Manhattan (coming from Westchester, that doesn’t seem quite so big a stretch…for some reason, I thought they were in England…) but other than that, I really liked the issue. The scene in the bank was really well done. Did anyone else take a really close look at what all Scott found in his deposit box? Yes, the invitation and some money, but did anyone else see the two rings, some pictures, the necklace, A lock of red hair? It looks like Scott almost devoted that deposit box to memories of Jean.
The rest of the issue is pretty much devoted to this conversation that Scott has with Mystique. It’s an interesting conversation…especially considering Mystique’s real motivation (that you find out about after the conversation). And since this is probably one of the first people that’s really talked to Scott since he got here (that we’ve seen at least) he’s probably going to listen. This could end up with some interesting consequences.
One question I’ve got here…when Scott hands Jean the wedding invitation, and you get her reaction shot…I guess I’m a little confused. She would have seen her own wedding from Hank’s mind when he showed her entire life. So why so surprised? Did she not remember, because she had been given so much information in that instant that she didn’t process it all? Or was she more worried that now Scott knows as well? I’m really not quite sure…
Plots to Find in Older Comics:
- Scarlet Witch Depowering Mutants, War Against Phoenix Force – High Priority. This was mentioned in Hulk #1, but became much bigger when it came to All New X-Men. I’m going to need to find this info sometime soon! **House of M series (Thanks SM!!) and Avengers Vs. X-Men series**
- What’s up with the numbered Colins of A.I.M? – Medium Priority. They seem to be spanning a few different series…
- Who is this new Nick Fury? – Medium Priority. If he’s going to be a major character in Secret Avengers, I kind of want to know who he is… **Can be found in the Battle Scars series** Thanks thegothamrogue!
- Previous Team for Hawkeye and Black Widow – Medium Priority. I think it might be the last series of Secret Avengers, and I wonder if something that happened there will be the reason they joined here.
- A.I.M.’s history – Low Priority – who they are, where they came from, etc.
- Jean Grey’s history – Low Priority – This is something I should just Wikipedia, so I know what some of these random panels are referencing.
- What happened to the original Nick Fury? – Low Priority. Just curious.
- Incident where Kate took over for Hawkeye while he was a ninja – Low Priority. It would be fun to know, but certainly not necessary!
- Shield Command Structure – Low Priority. We probably don’t need this for most of the stories, but it would be nice to know.
- Who Else was in the Sinister Six? – Low Priority. Mentioned in Spiderman #1 and #3, but not necessary to know. Like always, just curious..
- Hawkeye’s Past – Low Priority. This is totally out of my own curiosity. You don’t need to know this to understand what’s going in in Hawkeye. It’s mentioned briefly, but it’s really not expanded on much.
- Tony’s first experience with Extremis – Low Priority. It’s not something that it that integral to the plot, so it’s more of a curiosity than anything else **Fourth Volume of Iron Man by Warren Ellis and Adi Granov (Thanks thegothamrogue!)**